Building Green with HomeQuest Builders, Inc
We believe that innovation and sensible design should work together, so that our homes are beautiful and energy efficient. By incorporating energy saving features in the design from the ground up, we give our customers a home that provides lasting savings in utility costs.
Building green with HomeQuest Builders means that you decide how green you want your home to be. We build all of our homes to money-saving Energy Star guidelines as well as the National Home Builders Green Built guidelines……producing a HomeQuest High Performance Hybrid Home. Upon request HomeQuest Builders will gladly offer additional green building options. You decide and we build it for you.
Energy Star Certification:
The national Energy Star guidelines are a series of recommendations and standards that help home builders create more energy efficient homes. For homeowners, the Energy Star rating means big savings on utility bills….up to 30% every year!! HomeQuest Builders earns the Energy Star rating for its new homes by following these sensible building practices:
- Radiant Barrier: Using a radiant barrier on the roof deck prevents heat build up in the summer and reduces heat loss in the winter. The result: lower heating and cooling bills.
- Effective Insulation: Properly installed and inspected insulation ensures even temperatures in your house, reducing energy bills, and increasing comfort.
- High Performance Windows: High Tech, Low E, energy efficient windows help keep heat in during winter and out during summer. These windows also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpets and furniture.
- Tight Construction and Ducts: Sealing holes and cracks in the home’s envelope and heating and cooling duct systems help reduce drafts, moisture, dust, pollen and noise. A tightly sealed home improves home comfort and indoor air quality while reducing utility bills and maintenance.
- Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment: Our energy-efficient heating and cooling systems are quieter, reduce indoor humidity, and improve overall comfort in the home. Convenient programmable thermostats are standard in each home.
- Energy-Efficient Products: Additionally, our Energy Star homes are equipped with Energy Star rated products – compact fluorescent bulbs, ventilation fans, vented range hoods, ceiling fans, dishwashers, and other appliances.
- Third Party Verification: An independent third party rater tests each of our homes twice during construction to verify energy efficient measures, giving you a certified home and peace of mind.
Green Built Certification:
HomeQuest Builders realizes that building “green” is the right thing to do. Today’s “green” homes are resource efficient, environmentally sensible and now more affordable than ever. HomeQuest features products and materials in the hybrid homes we build today, which may be standard in all homes of tomorrow. This innovative approach ensures our customer’s homes will have lasting value in tomorrow’s market place. HomeQuest earns the Green Built Certification for its new homes by following these sustainable building practices:
- Water Conservation
- We install water efficient shower and facet heads to reduce water consumption without sacrificing performance.
- Dual flush toilets save water by giving you a choice of flush modes.
- On Demand Hot Water Recirculation system delivers no wait hot water to your plumbing fixtures, saving thousands of gallons of water a year.
- We provide an environmentally sensible approach to landscaping using drought tolerant grasses and plants like Bermuda grass.
- Air Quality
- Using low volatile organic compound (VOC) paints gives your family a healthier homes.
- Sealing the garage off from the house keeps CO2 and carbon monoxide out of your home.
- Using environmentally sensible floor carpets that hold a “green” label from the rug institute.
- Sealed Crawl Spaces when specified
- Sealing crawl spaces saves on heating and cooling costs and helps promote better indoor air quality by reducing mold and mildew.
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Using Energy Star compliant compact fluorescent bulbs reduces energy bills.
Additionally, HomeQuest High Performance Hybrid homes include resource efficient practices such as using more durable materials and low maintenance products. These practical construction choices save you money on energy costs and require less frequent replacement, which is good for your pocket book and your local landfill.
The goal of building green is a better home for a better world. HomeQuest Builders has twenty years of experience building homes in the Raleigh, NC area. We invite you to explore how you can save money every year while improving your family’s quality of life and doing something for the environment. You decide, and we will build your home.